Thursday, August 16, 2007

Perspectives on Gas Prices

Once upon a time back in 1985, I was leaving Orlando, Florida on my way to Saratoga Springs, New York. On my way out of town I stopped to fill my tank with Regular (as in leaded gas!) and was bummed that it had gone over $1* per gallon. I told myself to quit whining since people in Europe were paying almost $3 per gallon!

Recently I was leaving Redwood City, California on my way to Salem, Oregon. On my way out of town I stopped to fill my tank with Regular (as in 87 octane) and was actually pleased to only pay $3.05 per gallon.

Yesterday I drove past a gas station here and was amazed and surprised...it's like two deals in one!
...and someone else pumps the gas for me!

~ Keith

* as a side note -- what is it with gas prices always ending in 9/10 of a cent? If you're charging me $2.65 9/10 per gallon, why not just charge me $2.66? Sheesh!

OK, side note done -- go back to reading up above where you were.

No comments: